MPLAB® ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger System is Microchip’s most cost effective high-speed hardware debugger/programmer for Microchip Flash Digital Signal Controller (DSC) and microcontroller (MCU) devices.(5)
It debugs and programs PIC® Flash microcontrollers and dsPIC® DSCs with the powerful, yet easy-to-use graphical user interface of MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
The MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger probe is connected to the design engineer’s PC using a high-speed USB 2.0 interface and is connected to the target with a connector compatible with the MPLAB ICD 2 or MPLAB REAL ICE systems (RJ-11). MPLAB ICD 3 supports all MPLAB ICD 2 headers.
Microchip part number DV164035. For details, see product page on Microchip’s site.
- Real-time Debugging – MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is designed to support high-speed processors running at maximum speeds, allowing embedded engineers to debug applications on their own hardware in real time.
- Microchip Standard Connectivity – MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger employs a standard Microchip debugging connector (RJ-11).
- Ruggedized Probe Interface – Protection circuitries are added to the probe drivers to guard the probe kit from power surges from the target. Vdd and Vpp voltage monitors protect against over-voltage conditions, and all lines have over-current protection. The unit can provide power to a target (up to 100 ma).
- Portable, USB-powered and RoHS-Compliant – Housed in a small (3.7″ x.8″) and attractive enclosure, the MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is powered by the USB port, so an external power adapter is not required. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is CE and RoHS-compliant.
- High Speed Programming – Fast programming allows both quick firmware reload for fast debugging and for in-circuit re-programming. Programming times are improved up to 15x over MPLAB ICD 2.
- Low Voltage Emulation – MPLAB ICD 3 supports target supply voltages from 2.0 to 5.5 volts.
- Test Interface Module – Included with every MPLAB ICD 3 is a test module to test I/O lines to confirm the unit is working properly.
- Ease of Maintenance and Feature Upgrade – Adding new device support and advanced features to MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is as simple as installing later versions of the MPLAB IDE, downloadable free. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is field upgradeable through a firmware download from MPLAB IDE.
- Powerful Debugging – High powered debugging with MPLAB IDE, supporting multiple breakpoints, stopwatch, source code file debugging in MPLAB’s editor for quick program modification/debug.
- Low Cost – MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger breaks the price barrier for a complete and advanced in-circuit debugger, offering new ways to interact with and debug applications at a fraction of the cost of traditional emulator systems.
1 x Microchip MPLAB ICD 3 Programmer / Debugger
1 x USB Cable
1 x ICD interface cable
1 x MPLAB IDE Quick Start Guide
1 x CD-ROM with MPLAB IDE software and on-line documentation
1 x ICD 3 Test Interface Board